1 LiveBloggin' the ICW: What a show!

Sunday, January 8, 2012

What a show!

Hey! The seminar was fabulous, a packed hall! Everyone had a great time, and the food - it was fabulous. I had shrimp and grits, which is a Georgia favourite and man oh man, was it good!
This morning at 10:30 - and let me tell you, it hurt to be up then, the evil Tim kept me up with the rest of the crew here until 2:30 drinking beer....we had an open discussion outside on the covered deck about cruising the ICW and everyone's most challenging issue. My most challenging issue was keeping my eyes open!
For some photos of last night and this morning, check out this site from one of the organizers, James Newsome.
This afternoon, dressed in a t-shirt and shorts, Joe and Pat took me out on their Hinckley Bermuda 40 for some sailing. What a nice boat, a nice day and such great people - we enjoyed the sun and managed to get in just as it was setting. Pat then made dinner and we played with Joe's new iPad. Pat snoozed, as well she should have, she worked hard all day sailing, then cooked us a great meal.
Tomorrow will be the beginning of a busy week as I get ready for the Toronto Boat Show, and Aduana the Wonder Dog's®
debut there. Looking forward to seeing old friends, making new ones, but not so keen on the cold....