1 LiveBloggin' the ICW: Back in the Sunshine...

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Back in the Sunshine...

Life is good. 
There I was, around lunchtime, cruising over the river here in Brunswick in a VW Bug convertible that friends Joe and Pat loaned me (thanks again guys!), top down, sun shining, warm wind blowing through my hair, Aduana checking out the scenery, on my way to the local West Marine. So why wasn't I smiling?
Because the head on my boat is broken - and you only discover a broken head AFTER it's been used, when it won't flush...
This, as you can imagine, is not good. In fact, it's really bad.
I was looking at spending a good part of the afternoon taking this crappy (sorry about that!) piece of equipment apart to see if it's fixable. In other words, I was about to learn why plumbers get paid so well .
You wouldn't be smiling either, unless of course, you're a plumber about to get paid the big bucks for dealing with this situation.
Fortunately, there is beer in the fridge to help me get over this crisis. I will provide details later (or perhaps not, depending) for those with a desire to know, and strong stomachs, or perhaps, really really bad sinus problems.
But still, the sun is shining, the temperatures are in the 70s and as bad as this is - it's not shoveling snow. And the beer is cold.
Life is good. But it could be better...