1 LiveBloggin' the ICW: Lights, Camera, ACTION!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Lights, Camera, ACTION!

So there we were, Aduana and I, sitting at the coffee shop by the marina when a young woman comes over to tell me that the guy with a gun shooting the two policemen is all faked - a movie shoot. How entertaining. So we walked over to watch 'the show'. 
Let's see - anyone famous? Nope, in fact, it's quite likely that I was the best known person there, based on my own media exposure, but no one asked for my autograph...got to work on that.
The show they were shooting is for the Discovery Channel, one of their crime features. The action involved some clean cut young guy walking along, when a white van pulls up, two policemen leap out and tackle the young guy. They struggle, then the young guy falls to the ground, pulls a gun from his waistband and shoots the policemen. That's it.
Interestingly enough, there was no gunfire - no sounds, no flashes. That's all added in during post production I was told. Made the entire scene very surreal, it would be interesting to see what the final cut looks like. I would think it will appear quite different from what I saw.