1 LiveBloggin' the ICW: Fair winds....

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Fair winds....

This is actually rather hard to believe - I'm heading out of Deltaville tomorrow, going north - and the winds, for once, will not only be strong enough to sail with, they'll be from the right direction. That is so rare, ask any cruising sailor with a destination. So should be a great day on the water tomorrow - wind, sunny and mild. Life is good.
The goal is to make Annapolis, MD, which is about 85 nm from here. I don't expect to do it all in one jump - I'd be looking at about a 15 hour day and I don't need to push that hard tomorrow. So I'll split the trip into two days and probably anchor out at Solomon's tomorrow evening. That's about 55 miles - still a long day, but doable in daylight, provided I don't oversleep.
You can see by the lines on the chart what my route will be tomorrow. Red in, and blue out. Probably won't have internet access tomorrow, but you never know, so be prepared! I may just surprise you...