1 LiveBloggin' the ICW: Heading out Friday am

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Heading out Friday am

Well, Hugh had a good guess as to where that photo was taken, but it was in the wrong country - hint hint. Jani I think knows, but she has access to the photo as it will be used in Waterway Guide, where she works. Any more guesses before I give it up? One more hint - it's somewhere on the Great Lakes.
Heading out tomorrow for the beginning of the ICW...tomorrow's stop will be at the Great Bridge Lock, mile 12 of the ICW. May or may not have wifi access. The following day's stop will be an anchorage at the entrance to Albermarle Sound. The following day finds us at the entrance to the Alligator Pungo Canal and another wilderness anchorage, in North Carolina. Following that is Belhaven NC, a rather unique town with some fabulous sunsets and sunrises...then Oriental NC, where I'll probably hang for a day to get a bit of a rest. After that, Beaufort NC, Bogue's Inlet, Wrightsville Beach, Southport, Little River Inlet, then I'm into South Carolina....I"ll post charts and photos shortly, but they'll take some preparation first to fit in this format. And, of course, I'll blog the events as I get access to the Internet.
Wish you were here!