1 LiveBloggin' the ICW: Trivia and more...

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Trivia and more...

Hi all - I'm in Stuart, anchored out....and drinking wine under the moonlit sky, pondering the world. If I come up with any answers, I'll post them tomorrow! Hopefully, you'll wake up to a fabulous day and a better world tomorrow as a result of all this thinking on my part. If not, at least you know I tried.
A few days ago I posted a story about a 1919 Trumpy, a classic motor yacht going for FREE! (free is good®).
A reader by the name of Randy has contacted me about getting hold of this boat to fix her up. I just got off the phone with him and sent him the owner's contact info. I'll let everyone know how it works out, let's hope that Randy can take this old gal and give her another shot at youth!
Had a fabulous sail out of Melbourne, with 20 knot winds from behind pushing Gypsy Wind on at 6 knots. No fossil fuel was used yesterday, wooo hoo! Today was a different story, with the winds both lighter and from ahead of the beam. I motorsailed most of the day and made good time, but nothing like yesterday, sigh...
Was going to head out on the Atlantic and miss the congestion and bridges ahead of me tomorrow and the next day, but the winds have shifted to the south. So while the temperature is going back into the high 70s, the winds will be from the wrong direction for sailing.
And a happy Valentine's Day...
Next post, Miami and the boat show in a couple of days...