1 LiveBloggin' the ICW: Daytona driftin....

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Daytona driftin....

Aduana and I are hanging out for a couple of days here in Daytona Beach - weather is lovely, and I've got two friends (and their pup, a friend for Aduana) who live in Ocala, about an hour away, rafted up to Gypsy Wind at the moment. Nancy is recuperating from an overdose of the demon rum last night - her hubby Jim is moving a bit slowly. For some reason, I have an immunity (or maybe just got a free pass!) and am not feeling the way I should after an afternoon and evening drinking rum. This is not a good thing, it'll make me an expensive drunk!
From here, it's south again, goal is Eau Gallie, at Melbourne. I've a good friend who lives there, an Irishman by the name of Finnbar - and come to think of it, having an immunity to hard liquor when hanging out with Finn may NOT be a bad thing at all! I'll also be visiting with a new friend there from an internet sailing group who has invited me to hang out on his dock for a couple of days - ought to be interesting.
I've decided to take in the Miami Boat Show - a few people there I should meet who are in this business. And there's a perfect anchorage only five minutes from the show - Sunset Lake. Those of you who follow cruising know that this is a problem area for anchoring - there's a guy there who plays loud rap music and shines spotlights at night at people anchored near his home. All illegal on his part, but he's living in a $10 million home, so what does he care about the rights of others.
I promise I'll wave to him from all of you...
Ok, time to head out and enjoy this sunshine.....