1 LiveBloggin' the ICW: Cruisin' Cuba

Monday, June 4, 2012

Cruisin' Cuba

Most of you know I've been to Cuba twice now - and you can catch some of the video action on SAIL Magazine at Paso Malo and on TheSailingChannel at Forbidding, Forbidden Cuba. You can also read several of my stories on Cuba at SAIL telling you what this amazing country is like. 
My current project involves returning to Cuba next winter to put together the video for a PBS television show, a one hour look at what it's like to sail, cruise and explore Cuba. 
The show will explore some of the aspects of Cuba we expect - we'll look at cigars and rum - may even smoke a cigar and sip a little Havana Club Anejo or order up a mojito. This will be a truly authentic look at Cuba and its people - not some fluffy production - and as such, there will be some nitty and gritty to it...kind of like me I suppose!
I'll be announcing the kickoff of the sponsorship program here in just a few days and I hope that all of you will at least be curious enough to take a look at it - and impressed enough to pass the information on to their own contacts. 
In the meantime, here are a couple of photos of Cuba to tempt and intrigue you...
Dominoes is big in Cuba - they play everywhere, this game is on the street
Rolling cigars...it's a manual process
 Ok, that's it for now....back to work everyone!