1 LiveBloggin' the ICW: Ever Wanted to Be a World Famous Writer?

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Ever Wanted to Be a World Famous Writer?

As you all know, I'm working on a project to produce a tv show about cruising around Cuba 
This will be keeping me very busy over the next few weeks, as I try to put the funding together to make it happen, using the Kickstarter funding website. If you want to know more about that, check out Cuba - Forbidden Paradise
So, in order to make it all happen, and keep the fun happening here, I'm opening up LiveBloggin' the ICW to you! Yes, that's right - you too can be a world famous blogger, right here on LiveBloggin'! Ok, maybe not world famous, but there are people reading this blog in places like Russia, South America, Australia and South Africa. That's a lot of the world. It's actually amazing how many people in so many different places are finding this blog.
So - here's the deal: if you have a boating story of your own, or other story that you think would fit well in LiveBloggin', send it to me at bloggintheicw@gmail.com and I'll see if it fits. If it does, you're in! 
It can be about boating, about what you think about boating, about your favourite boater, favourite boat....whatever you come up with is fine with me.
For those of you who aren't professional writers, or who aren't comfortable having others see your writing skills, relax. I'll gently edit whatever you send so that it reads well - that's work that I've done for over 20 years, so your missive will be in good hands. If you're really shy, we'll publish you without using your name.
And for those of you who ARE in the business of writing - we all know there are some great stories that have never been told. Well, here and now would be a great time to put them out, as I'll guarantee anonymity - er, unless I get a really good cash offer or a subpoena! But barring that, I'll protect your identity to the death. Um, maybe make that to moderate pain... more than a hangnail, less than a really bad toothache.
So....who's going to be the first guest blogger here? Let's have some fun with this.

p.s. those of you with outrageous boating stories that include me in them....be gentle. Remember, I know where you live!