1 LiveBloggin' the ICW: Annapolis Boat Show, upcoming speaking engagements

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Annapolis Boat Show, upcoming speaking engagements

A friend impishly pointed out to me that I haven't made a recent 'announcement' about my upcoming presentations at Annapolis. So....let's get that out of the way!

I'll be the co-host along with SAIL editor Meredith Laitos, and one of the featured speakers, at SAIL Magazine's all day ICW seminar, on October 13, 2013, 1000-1700 (Boat Show runs Oct 10-13)
WHERE: Annapolis Maritime Museum, 723 2nd Street, Annapolis, MD 21403
COST: $65 (includes four seminars, expert Q&A, lunch and cocktail hour)
The guest list includes my good friends Mark and Diana Doyle, who are the authors of On the Water Chartguides, an excellent - no, make that indispensable - resource for anchoring for those heading south. Jeff Grossman and Jean Levine discuss 'couples' cruising - since I'm single, I guess I'll sit that one out (and I can hear someone, no names here, saying 'no Wally, you NEED that lecture!) - Bruce Schwab discusses electrical management, an important issue when your cold beer depends on how you handle your 12v batteries.
Dave Skolnick - president of the Seven Seas Cruising Association and Mark Ahart, news editor at Waterway Guide, will sit on the discussion table with us to answer your questions about the ICW and, I suspect, cruising in general.
Best of all, at the end of the day, we'll all get together for some Painkillers and you can get your own cruising questions answered. More details right here...SAIL ICW Seminar

At the Sailboat Show itself, I'll be at SAIL Magazine's booth from 1 - 4 on Saturday to answer questions about the seminar, and cruising the ICW. Would love to see you there!

My next engagement will be at the Hampton Snowbird Rendevous, where I'll discuss both the ICW and also sailing in Cuba. The dates are October 18 - 20, and more information is available at Hampton Snowbird Rendezvous and their Facebook Page

Finally, the Southbound Cruisers Rendezvous is on once again after a hiatus of several years - to be held in New Bern from October 29 - 31st. Details are available on their Facebook Page, and they promise some excellent workshops and talks - I plan to take in the Diesel Doctor's workshop for sure.

So, a busy time ahead, and I still have to get up the Chesapeake Bay with Tropical Storm Karen coming straight at us.....do I know how to have fun or what? If you're at the show or any of these events, please introduce yourself, I'd love to meet all of you!

Let me leave you with my most recent SAIL Magazine article on the ICW...ICW by the Numbers, Five Tips on how to do the ICW.