1 LiveBloggin' the ICW: Yayyy! It's here!

Friday, September 28, 2018

Yayyy! It's here!


As many of you know, I've been working on a book - what writer isn't? - and I'm super pleased to announce that it's finally available. It's called "The Un-Adult A-Rated Wally", and it features sixteen of what I consider to be my best stories - un-cut, un-edited and un-usually fun reading.  Some of the titles include "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Boat Show", "Zen and the Art of Furler Installation", "Paradise - Kiss it Goodbye", and of course, a story about my sailing partner and first pup, Aduana - "Man's Best Friend - First Mate". Notice how Aduana scored two photos on the cover? I've been photo bombed by my own dog!
It's available right now from Seaworthy Publications, at https://www.seaworthy.com/product-p/978-1-948494-11-3.htm and will shortly be available at Amazon.
I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!


Also - for those who will be at the Annapolis Boat Show, this year's Sail to the Sun ICW Cruising Seminar will be on Monday, October 8 at the Annapolis Maritime Museum.  a full day seminar discussing important cruising topics such as anchoring, crossing the Gulf Stream, cruising the ICW and hurricane preparation. Presenters include cruising experts Carolyn Shearlock (the Boat Galley), Dave Skolnick (past president of SSCA and delivery captain), Greg Kutson (owner of Mantus Anchors) and yours truly. Lunch and a happy hour is included. For more information, https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2018-sail-to-the-sun-cruising-seminar-tickets-50087840078



And that's it for today's blog post. Short and sweet, because I'm heading up the Chesapeake in the morning, and it's looking like the winds are favourable for a great day's sailing. See you at the show!